I’m not going to make any witty comments about how sucky and difficult this year has been. We know, we get it, move on. However, I will make recommendations for gifts to give yourself some small bits of serenity amid the chaos. These also would be great gifts for your fellow frazzled friends and family members. So now, in no particular order…
1) Firstleaf Wine Club
You know those Buzzfeed quizzes you find yourself knee-deep in at 2 a.m., when you have no idea where the time has gone or why you are rating your favorite ice cream flavors to determine what resident of Schitt’s Creek you are most compatible with? What if you could instead take a quiz and receive a selection of curated wines delivered right to your door instead? Now we are talking!
I’ve been telling everyone I know about Firstleaf, because it is my new favorite way to try and buy wines, whether for myself or for family, friends, hostess gifts, etc. You answer a few quick questions, they recommend which wines would be best for you, and you can decide if you want to go with their choices or make some changes. You can update your preferences with each order, and you can decide how often you get deliveries and can pause your account at any time. The wines are affordable, and you don’t have to worry about leaving the house during COVID. Oh, and every wine I’ve tried so far has been incredible. My favorite is the Tintoretto 2019 Sangiovese.
There are some incredible offers out there right now for new Firstleaf subscribers. You can receive your first purchase of 6 Wines for $40 – that’s less than $7 a bottle! . Once you go to checkout your order, you will have the opportunity to double this exclusive offer, so you can receive 12 wines for less than $80!
For an even more incredible deal, sign up for the new Joyful, Brave & Awesome newsletter, coming soon! I will send you a link for an exclusive Firstleaf offer I’m sharing with those who sign up, as a thank you for supporting this blog.
2) Spa-at-home skincare sets – I’ve spoken at length about my love of inexpensive facial sheet masks for a fun 15 minute pick-me-up. Well, the holidays are a time to take it up a notch. Today I present to you some of my favorite extra-special skincare gift sets that feel like you are at the spa.
- Pacifica “Wake Up Beautiful” and “Rose Age Defying” bundles: These two value sets include Pacifica’s Dreamy Youth Day and Night face cream. This super lightweight moisturizer smells and feels glamorous and way more expensive than it really is.
- FaceTory Skincare Subscriptions: FaceTory offers two different skincare subscription services, depending on how many products you want, and how often you want receive new products. I use the Everyday Lemon sheet masks to reduce oiliness, and they definitely work!
- Literally anything from Glow Recipe: I love this brand. I love their products. I love their commitment to social justice initiatives. I love everything about them. Buy something, or all of the things, from this incredible company. (If you need a place to start, the Watermelon Glow Sleeping Mask was what first got me hooked on the brand!
3) Candles at Kohl’s: “Candles? For Christmas? Groundbreaking.” (I hope you read that in your best Meryl Streep voice. I’ve never even seen Devil Wears Prada but I know that quote.)
Candles get kind of a bad reputation when it comes to holiday gifts. I get it. But this winter, when were are all going to be homebound for a good while longer, wouldn’t you like to have a cozy scented candle or two?
In the era of COVID, it’s tough to find the perfect scented candle – in the store, your mask blocks the candle’s fragrance, assuming you are wearing your mask correctly. When shopping online, you really have to just guess. Kohl’s has been knocking it out of the park lately with their candle selections. Even better, with all the sales and coupons and Kohl’s cash, it’s totally possible to get a candle for free if you play your cards right. Here are some of my favorite Kohl’s candle finds:
- ScentWorx Holiday Cheer (I’m seriously considering buying these in bulk because I’m so obsessed!)
- Sonoma Goods for Life Calm Eucalyptus and Bergamot
- LumaBase Café Collection (set of 3)
- Yankee Candle Bonfire Nights: Warm and Cozy
- WoodWick Joyful Gatherings Trilogy
Have anything you’d like to see in the Holiday Dose of Awesome gift guides? Feel free to comment below or on Facebook.
And remember to bookmark https://joyfulbraveawesome.com/2020-holiday-dose-of-awesome/ to stay up-to-date on the entire list of 2020 gift guide recommendations in one central place!
Affiliate links are used in this post. All recommendations are entirely my own – I have not received free product or compensation to promote any of the retailers mentioned above.