Please note: As an Amazon affiliate I earn from qualifying purchases at no cost to you. Affiliate links are used in this post.
Have I mentioned how much I love books? Print books, e-books, audiobooks – each have a place in my heart.
There are some incredible deals right now on Amazon Audible audiobook subscriptions, Kindle e-readers and Kindle Unlimited reading subscriptions. No matter how or what you read, though, none of this matters unless you know what you are going to read next.
here’s a list of some of my recommendations – both for listening and reading – along with five books I’ve put on my wish list.
The best part? All of the books listed below are currently part of Amazon’s “3 for the price of 2” deal right now. (Note: The deal only applies to hard copies of the book. The Kindle and audiobook versions are not included in the sale.)
Oh, and while you’re stocking up, be sure to purchase the first pick in Joyful, Book & Awesome, a new virtual book club I’m starting this month. We will be reading The Pretty One by Keah Brown. I’ll share more about this book on Friday, but you may want to buy it now while it’s part of the “3 for 2” deal! It’s also available on Audible, narrated by the author. So if you’d like to listen to The Pretty One for free, you can sign up for the Audible Premium Plus Free Trial. Amazon Prime members who are new to Audible get two free books with their 30-day free trial! Not a Prime member? You still get one free book!
Anyway, here are my recommendations for books to buy during this sale:
Books I listened to and loved:
- Dante and Aristotle Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Sáenz
- The Poet X by Elizabeth Acevedo
- Sounds Like Me by Sara Bareilles
- Truly Devious by Maureen Johnson (series)
- Born a Crime by Trevor Noah
Books I’ve recently read and recommend
- The Family Upstairs by Lisa Jewell
- American Royals and Majesty by Katherine McGee
- Finding Mrs. Ford by Deborah Goodrich Royce
- The Unraveling of Cassidy Holmes by Elissa R. Sloan
- Friends and Strangers by J. Courtney Sullivan
On my “TBR” (To Be Read) List:
- The Lazy Genius Way by Kendra Adachi
- Love is the Way by Bishop Michael Curry
- Let Love Rule by Lenny Kravitz
- The Bookish Life of Nina Hill by Abbi Waxman
- Her Last Flight by Beatriz Williams